**In my Grinchiest voice**
Have you ever realized that our lives are noisy?!
Facebook notifications, IG stories, tv, and news apps alerting us to the latest catastrophe or political gaffe…It all adds up to a whole lot of noise!
And I recently realized that when life gets too noisy:
- I miss the still small (most important) voice
- I begin to believe and accept what the noise is saying
- I live my life a little more stressed
So, I took a couple of days, and silenced as much of the noise in my life as I could!
Here were my rules:
- No Facebook
- No Twitter
- No IG
- No news apps
- No TV (j/k I did still watch TV 😬)
Just a girl and her thoughts ☺️ 💭
And here’s what happened:
- I actually had a phone conversation
- Remembered something that was going on in a friend’s life & checked on her
- Cooked dinner more than once!
- Worked a few extra hrs at work
- Took my dog for a walk
- Wanted to actually talk to people
- Decided that I’m adorable 😅🙈
- Felt more peaceful
And sure I missed out on a few news headlines and Facebook posts, but for a few days my life was quieter. And I was reminded that so much of the noise and busyness in my own life, I have the power to control..!
But bc I can’t live like a hermit forever and bc my friends statuses and posts aren’t going to like themselves (lol) I resubscribed to some of the noise, but this time I was armed w/ one simple reminder: never to let my life get so noisy that I miss the people, the moments and the conversations that really do matter.